Wednesday, June 23, 2010

J. Cole- Who Dat

Here is the link to J. Cole’s Who Dat music video: 





Overall, I like the Who Dat music video because I like the song. I also think the producer of the video did a few things I haven’t seen in a music video before. I liked seeing J. Cole on the TV rather than following him around the streets of Fayetteville, North Carolina the whole time.  I also was fond of J. Cole being on the stage as if he was performing. I also enjoyed the kids following him around the town; it was as if he was the pied piper of hip-hop. All in all the video could’ve been much better. However, I did like it as a video of an artist in their essence. This music video was directed by BBGUN. 

3 Pros

  1. He uses regular people as opposed to other famous people, and he even corporate a marching band.
  2. J. Cole recorded the video in his hometown. 
  3. Pyrotechnics go off when he walks by at the end of the video, which are symbolic of his line “B!&*# I got that flame.”
 Cons
  1. The steady cam was too close to J. Cole at the beginning of the music video.
  2. The music video seems low budget, and no matter how much money is put into a project it shouldn’t look as if hardly any money was put into the project.
  3. His repetitive hand movements were distracting me, and they were a little annoying to say the least.


2 comments:

Tara said...

I liked it! It wasn't a big balla video and I actually liked that. It was him and was a pretty decent quality video for him to be a new artist. I liked that it was close to home, literally lol.

I am proud to say that I met him (even though he uses the f and n and b words a bit too much for me). Great review!

Rcollier029 said...

Thank you! I am proud to say I met him as well, and it definitely isn't a bad video for a new artist because we know labels usually don't put much money behind new artist. For example Kanye West who had to pay for all three versions of his Jesus Walks music video.

Post a Comment