I will be reviewing Trina’s Who’s Bad mixtape for this post.
Listen to or download the mixtape here:
- Birth name: Katrina Leverne Taylor
- Birthplace: Miami, Florida
- Influences: None Found
- How long has she been doing music: Since 1998
- Type of Artist: Mainstream
- Genre(s): Rap
- Current Label(s): Slip-N-Slide
- Similar Artists: Rasheeda, Nicki Minaj, Lil’ Kim, Remy Ma, Shawnna
- Fun fact: She was a real estate agent before she was in the music industry.
Trina is a Mixtape Queen because she is still one of the top women in the rap game, and her lyrics continue to portray that she believes she is still the baddest b!$#@ . Mixtape started off by featuring on Trick Daddy’s song Nann N!##@, but now she is one of the most notable female rappers. This mixtape definitely show that Trina still thinks she is the baddest chick, and she is not going anywhere for a long time.
Favorite Line: My Testimony- “I gotta think God that I’m still here living. All the blessings I received no doubt He’s the realest.” No Lyrics Available
Top 3 Tracks: (This list is ordered from the song I like most to the song I like least.)
- Testimony- This is my first look at the more sensitive side of Trina, and it looks really well on her. Trina tells about her past and how it made her who she is today. Both her instrumental and flow are real on this track, and I feel like I definitely got to know Trina more from this track. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE7Jz3YL2kc
- Clear It Out- I recommend this song all the trendsetters. Trina addresses all the haters she has, and she tells them just how she feels about them. She has great lyrics and a rocking instrumental on this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFId0ItOfBQ
- Baddest of All Times- Trina talks about how she got to where she is. She also talks about the list of things that make her bad. She talks about her experience and truly gives people a glimpse of her life on this track. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0Lpk-GjvLg
- Get Dat Money- The instrumental to this track sounds like something that would be used to hypnotize someone. Compared to other songs on this mixtape, Trina delivers lackluster lyrics on this track. There is no sense of harmony in this song, so this song just does not appeal to me at all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7S2E5lH23I
- Like That-Soulja Boy’s simplistic lyrics doom this track from the beginning. The instrumental is not that complex either. Trina delivers great lyrics, but Soulja Boy killed her song just like “Video Killed the Radio Star.” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbiXmts9IaM
- Superstarr- This is Trina’s attempt at a rock song. However, this song does not display Trina to her fullest because it is mediocre. It seems as if Trina raps well and the instrumental is great, but the two elements just don’t seem to flow with one another. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbPFBw303L0
I recommend the mixtape Who’s Bad to people that like independent women. Trina definitely holds her own as a female lyricist, and she has few featured artists on this mixtape. Trina showed that she still believes she is the baddest chick, and that she does not see anyone as her competition.
Other Related Links: