Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Nicki Minaj- Your Love


Here is the link to Nicki Minaj’s Your LoveMusic Video:

Nicki Minaj’s Your Love music video in my words is a display of her self-proclaimed geisha persona. Nicki Minaj’s video showcases Japanese culture with the samurai swords, kimonos, and other aspects. Your Love was directed by Lil X, the protege, of music video legend Hype Williams. The video was not what I thought it would be, but I still liked it.

3 Pros
  1. I liked the look into Japanese culture in an American music video.
  2. Michael Jai White is in the music video.  #enoughsaid 
  3. The music video was not predictable, and I expect out of the box things from Nicki Minaj.
3 Cons
  1. I didn’t like the random cloth that was in the background of the video.
  2. Nicki’s blond wig took away from the Japanese vibe.
  3. The video was a tad too dramatic at times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment